Tuesday 19 October 2010

Time is Flying

My last post was the 30th September! Wow! I'm not very on the ball sometimes am I?!?! Time just seems to disappear!

We've been up to loads of things since I last scrawled - Mangold Hurling, Ploughing Competitions, Picklemania, Supper Club to name but a few. I can't talk about them all right now so I'll just update you on my progress with the Wedding Plans and come back to all the stories as we go!

I have managed to etch a third of the jars I need, not because it's so terribly time consuming (although it is quite time consuming!), but more because it's very tedious and cutting out the stencils makes my hand ache!
I now have all the jars I need for the table centres and I'm up to 30 on the little ones for the favours - 70 to go! I have the dress ordered and the bridesmaids dresses nearly sorted. All the girly bits and pieces and accessories and the like still to think about, but loads of time for that! I am planning to make some apple chutney this weekend as I'm not sure I have enough plum jam for the ladies so that should do then I think. It's quite hard to work out how many different sized jars the big 3l Kilner jars will fill! Hmm... I think I may need lots more than I already have. I also plan to get my cream bunting finally finished this weekend. We haven't anything planned so I should get lots done. Having said that, I said that the weekend before last and got absolutely nothing done as we had Supper Club 2 nights on the trot! We were not very capable of doing anything during the day and then had people coming over the next night!

Perhaps a more sober weekend this weekend and I'll finally get some swimming in! I've been working up in town all this week so up at 5.30am and not getting back 'til 6.30pm does not give you much motivation to go to the pool. FH has been getting up early as well and getting on the rowing machine so I have to keep up the swimming!

Right, I'll sign off now and hopefully this will temporarily stop the nagging that I haven't updated my blog! You know who you are!!!!

Next time, I'll have to tell you about the Mangold Hurling! The best fun to be had all year! Loved it!.
Til next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment