Tuesday 14 September 2010

Work gets in the way!

I haven't got anywhere today! Work just seems to get in the way of things you really want to do! But I have been watching the Great British Bake Off this evening and it's been the pastry challenge this week. Now I just feel like I should go and make lots of pastry things.

It started with pies - and who doesn't like a good pie? - and then went on to Cornish pasties. I have never made a Cornish pasty. So, that's next on my list of things to do!! Not too peppery, lots of meat, and did you know that the pastry on Cornish pasties isn't your normal shortcrust?

Well, they moved on to sweet pastry tarts and canapes and boy did the sweet pastries look good! The canapes got me thinking that we should have a little soiree soon! Partly because we haven't done it for so long but partly because I want to have a reason to bake! I can't make lots of pastry at home or we'll all end up as big as houses!

FH is off on a business trip tomorrow and won't be back until late so hopefully I'll get lots done and finally my bunting will get finished! Hmm..... she says!?!? I've also got a 4 hour commute for work tomorrow and I'm up at 6am so I might not actually get anything done tomorrow.

Well, til then.....

No comments:

Post a Comment